Project Manager - Turnkey Microgrid Projects
Work Mode: Remote
Manager owns the delivery of projects for Heila’s clients, including managing
relationships with project developers, installers, operators, and others. They
manage a delivery team composed of automation engineers to complete projects on
time within budget and scope.
Manager oversees all aspects of a project aligning with sales team to provide
full turnkey services, including but not limited to, setting schedules, assigning
responsibilities, managing subcontracts, monitoring status, reporting on
progress, and preparing the necessary deliverables for
commercial operation and financial close.
- In this role, you will manage all aspects of turnkey projects as well as subcontract projects for different microgrid projects from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution of defined scope in a given time frame and with available resources.
- Manage project personnel, subcontractors, project scope, budget, schedule, deliverables, and financial analysis.
- Directly interact with Heila’s customers and partners, managing customer service, relationships, and contracts.
- Directly manage Heila’s Automation Engineers to ensure quality control and project delivery on time and within budget, while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- Manage and update schedules to reflect current information, monitor critical path activities, and track outstanding items.
- Manage contracts by understanding the scope and out scope activities as well as the commercial terms and conditions including penalty clauses, risk, liabilities, and or liquidated damages.
- Work closely with the Sales, Finance, Product, and Engineering Teams to satisfy all requirements for commercial operation and financial close.
- Manage the scalation of technical questions to the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Evaluate technologies and equipment, providing recommendations as needed.
- Create project reports and documentation needed for commercial operation and financial close.
- Provide technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, and codes.
- Foster positive and effective business relationships at all levels and project phases.
- Staff, train, and mentor others within the Project Team.
- A minimum of 7 years of project management work experience focusing on complex DER projects in an industrial/engineering environment, with substantial people management responsibilities.
- Successfully completed turnkey DER projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Proven experience with OSHA safety standards, mechanical and electrical systems development, engineering, and project management regulations, practices, and codes.
- Excellent knowledge of utility grid interconnection processes and rules.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office, Atlassian JIRA/Confluence (or equivalent professional project management tools), and AutoCAD.
- Bachelors in EE, ME or CE.
- PMP certified.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must possess a keen analytical mind, be strong on planning, detail, and accuracy, and have a deep understanding of project management expertise. Must possess substantial skills in written and oral communication with all levels of management and with outside contacts.
- Good understanding of control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Excellent knowledge of DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among others.
- Knowledge and understanding of resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
- Master’s degree in engineering or project management.
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
The salary range for this position is $113,900 - $145,550. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
update for candidates applying to roles within Kohler Energy, including Power
Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy,
Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies.
On November 6,
Kohler Co. announced the strategic decision to establish Kohler Energy as a
separate, independent business with Platinum Equity as the majority investment
partner. Kohler will continue to stay invested in the Energy business following
the closing and remains committed to supporting the acceleration of long-term
growth strategies for both organizations. Talent and operational transition
plans are underway, and Kohler Co. and Platinum Equity expect the agreement to
close in the first half of 2024.Thank you for your interest in joining our
growing team as we embark on the next phase of growth!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .