Principal Engineer - Cloud
Work Mode: Remote
Chapter Lead – Cloud is responsible for leading a small team of ICs designing, developing, testing, and supporting data solutions and the cloud infrastructure, services, & products within the Heila Solution. This role collaborates closely with other Engineering teams as well as Heila’s Product and Project teams to understand and account for the cloud capabilities, upsell opportunities, product roadmap, and feature development timelines.
- Collaborate on product scoping & roadmap decisions with ownership for successful delivery of committed work within the team’s area of accountability in the Heila Solution.
- Drive and own architectural decisions, and technical debt management within the team’s area of accountability in the Heila Solution.
- Drive and participate in team’s design, development, and V&V of cloud & data structure/pipeline related scope.
- Prepare engineering documentation, including product specifications, design decision records, test protocols, testing reports, technical procedures, manuals, and configuration & release notes.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and issue resolution for post-release production systems.
- Hire, mentor, manage, and support the technical & career development of the team.
- Based on customers' identified needs, effectively consider feedback to adapt cloud deliverables to market needs.
- Use technical acumen to discuss application of Heila products in the context of customer’s use cases.
- Stay current with industry and technology trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Foster positive and effective business relationships at all levels.
- Nurture & maintain a strong, collaborative culture within the team and all of Engineering.
- Accountable for security, quality, reliability, and safety of the team’s delivered work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in EE, CS, or equivalent technical discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience as a member of a team, with 1-3+ years of experience managing 3-5 direct reports preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with project planning related to cloud products.
Strong ability to work across multiple disciplines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication capabilities across teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP, or other cloud infrastructure providers.
- Experience with data warehouse and/or data lake infrastructure.
- Experience working with highly complex edge-to-cloud data and control pipelines.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns using message broker technologies such as MQTT, Kafka or RabbitMQ.
- Professional experience programming in C/C++, Java, or Python on UNIX environments.
- Experience in software development, software architecture, and application/data scalability patterns.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Interest in learning about control and optimization systems used in DER projects.
- Interest in learning about DER equipment and applications – including solar arrays, batteries, generators, fuel cells, among other.
- Interest in learning about resilience and economic use cases in DER projects.
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
The salary range for this position is $141,450 - $181,850. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include medical, dental, vision & 401k.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
update for candidates applying to roles within Kohler Energy, including Power
Systems, Engines, Home Energy, Kohler Uninterruptible Power, Clarke Energy,
Curtis Instruments, and Heila Technologies.
On November 6,
Kohler Co. announced the strategic decision to establish Kohler Energy as a
separate, independent business with Platinum Equity as the majority investment
partner. Kohler will continue to stay invested in the Energy business following
the closing and remains committed to supporting the acceleration of long-term
growth strategies for both organizations. Talent and operational transition
plans are underway, and Kohler Co. and Platinum Equity expect the agreement to
close in the first half of 2024.Thank you for your interest in joining our
growing team as we embark on the next phase of growth!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We invite you to learn more about equal employment opportunity by reviewing the Federal EEO is the Law and the EEO is the Law Supplement .