Purchasing Manager - Portland, OR
As the Purchasing Manager this is your unique opportunity to oversee Ann Sacks’ purchasing-related functions. The Purchasing Manager recruits, develops and manages all purchasing associates. While also approving purchases of goods and services and continually analyzes changes or new issues in supply to reduce cost, improve quality or improve schedules.
This role will provide oversight of the purchasing of materials and services from suppliers. The Purchasing Manager will lead the development and implementation of sourcing strategies, while maintaining responsibility for supplier quality performance, setting the standard cost of purchased materials on an annual basis, and ensuring that business expectations of purchasing are met.
Manages departmental budgets and sets objectives for the purchasing department.
- Supervises daily purchasing functions
- Reviews orders, decisions and contracts and oversees materials and services from suppliers.
- Performs negotiations and determines most competitive solutions using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Responsible for the execution of short- and long-term process improvement projects. Identifies and drives out non-value-added activities.
- Responsible for departmental budgets and goals.
- Builds and facilitates relationships that result in strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Proactively identifies improvements and supports/qualifies/sells ideas to management
- Contributes to positive morale within a team and embraces diverse and global cultures.
- Aware of cultural, currency, geography and political issues.
- Skilled in the use of ERP and database-level systems with knowledge in electronic collaboration tools
- College degree in a related field required
- 7+ years of experience, with at least 3 years in purchasing
Why Work at Ann Sacks, A Kohler Company?
Ann Sacks mission is to be the tile and stone resource of choice for every space, for customers who desire gracious living environments and value design. We will create the ultimate brand and customer experience through our product, our people and our commitment to excellence. Based on this, we not only strive to provide a quality product and service to our consumers, but also a gracious and rewarding career experience to all our employees. As a result we offer ongoing personal development opportunities alongside the ability to collaborate with others across functions, roles, and geography.
In addition to the investment in your development, Ann Sacks offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Ann Sacks Tile & Stone is a proud member of the Kohler family of companies. Ann Sacks is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-end tile stone and plumbing. As a company we are continually inspired to embrace new ideas, to explore the relationship of tile, stone and plumbing in imaginative and unexpected ways. And while we are always looking forward to what's next, our past is firmly rooted in the traditional, so we'll never forget the value of simple, appropriate design done perfectly well.
We invite you to learn more about our company at www.annsacks.com.
Ann Sacks is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit Kohler.com.