Engineered Solutions Sales Manager
Location: New York, New Jersey and Connecticut territory.
KOHLER Power Systems, one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. KOHLER Power Systems offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about KOHLER Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
The Sales Manager - Engineered Solutions will be responsible for aggressively growing profitable sales of Kohler Power System products (Gensets, automatic transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, packaging solutions etc.) to EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firms, consulting engineers and other specifying and purchasing entities. The individual owns the market and account planning activities with and without the distributor, answers for the success or failure across all target accounts and projects assigned.
Territory: The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, long Island, Staten Island, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Lead sales activities supporting EPC and engineering firms, to include prospecting and network development, with a primary focus on at least one of the following market segments: data centers, hospitals, water & waste water or oil & gas and other key accounts as determined.
- Responsible for developing and executing the sales approach for every stage of a project, across value chain players (end-user, engineer, procurement, contractor, distributor), for each market segment. Develop "pull" marketing approaches to drive qualified leads into prospecting efforts. Successfully close on qualified leads, responsible for profit or loss of each job.
- Establish long term working relationships with key individuals at the targeted accounts by becoming a trusted advisor and an integral part of their success. Provide guidance during the initial design stage and assist with developing project requirements, drawings, and specifications.
- Must be knowledgeable in industry power products (generators, ATS, paralleling switchgear, custom enclosures etc.), pertinent codes and standards (NEC, IEEE, UL, IBC, etc.) and overall on-site power system design and integration.
- Oversee the preparation and negotiation of quotations for projects from targeted accounts. Ensure the Sales Operations team, suppliers, and distribution network prepare quotes and preliminary drawings for projects to effectively deliver customer requirements. Participate and lead pre-quote project requirement meetings and project review meetings as required.
- Play active role promoting KPS in trade events and associations. Work with Marketing and Engineering to create, prepare, and present technical papers and other application specific white papers for marketing collateral, trade journals and conferences.
- Support the development and implementation of defined Sales excellence (ex. process, training, tools, sales presentations, account and project tracking, metrics etc.).
- Provide guidance and support to assigned sales associates assisting and developing their sales acumen and overall KPS sales growth.
- B.S. Engineering required (BSEE or BSME preferred) with MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of power generation or related industry experience including direct sales on strategic/national accounts preferred
- Experience should include substantial profit and loss accountability. Proven leadership, results-oriented professional, an aggressive self-starter and a solid communicator are essential characteristics.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.