Senior Engineering Project Leader, Key Accounts
Location: Kohler, Wisconsin
KOHLER Power Systems, one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. KOHLER Power Systems offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about KOHLER Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
As a Project Leader within our Mission Critical group within Kohler Power Systems, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge of design. This position will be responsible and accountable for executing complex projects early in the design and quotation phase. Responsibilities will include keen review of project specifications, quotation preparation, customer interaction and frequent distributor engagement.
- Work with key accounts as the presales project leader facilitating communications with both internal and external customers.
- Work in collaboration with Kohler Engineered Solutions Managers as internal key account liaison on specific projects and functions.
- Work as internal Project Leader with assigned Distributor Project Managers on key accounts as specified.
- Responsible for thorough specification review on all Kohler product categories; provide a formal comply, deviate, exception of specification.
- Review customer service and purchase agreements along with legal review of account requirements.
- Build and configure product information and bill of material along with pricing and quotation documentation.
- Work with Kohler Applications Engineering and third-party suppliers to determine correct product applications to meet customer requests.
- Maintain centralized documentation for tracking requests and quotations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an ABET accredited engineering program is required for the engineer position. Candidates with a non-engineering degree and substantial experience in technical quoting for industrial power systems or other highly engineered industrial products will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in technical quoting, reading prints and working with product lines of similar technical complexity preferred.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build teams, make sound decisions, and drive action cross functionally.
- Demonstrated people skills required to lead & motivate professionals in a matrix organization who are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel 20% as needed.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.