Project Leader, Product Development
Location: Kohler, Wisconsin
KOHLER Power Systems, one of the largest power generator manufacturers in the world, has delivered energy solutions worldwide since 1920. KOHLER Power Systems offers power generation equipment for residential, industrial, mobile and marine applications as well as automatic transfer switches, switchgear, monitoring controls and accessories. For more information about KOHLER Power Systems, please visit www.kohlerpower.com.
As a Critical Sales Product Development Project Leader with Kohler Power Systems, this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. This position will be responsible and accountable for executing complex Engineering Special (ES) projects, Paralleling Switchgear projects, and other critical sales customer projects. Your primary responsibilities will be lead projects to meet customer expectations, deliver them on-time to the customer, and manage project costs.
- Project management of assigned projects by leading cross functional teams through a gated process from time-of-order through shipment.
- Lead cross functional teams to development project timelines and maintain them throughout the life of the project. Persistently push the team to improve the outcome of the project. Periodically report the status of the project to team members and management.
- Track project changes for both cost and scope impact.
- Lead the weekly paralleling switchgear project meetings.
- Define roles & responsibilities for team members in undefined processes, when new processes are created, or unique instances occur.
- Resolve and manage conflict within the project team. Make informed decisions in the event that a project team cannot.
- Be willing and successful in taking calculated risk in new or complicated situations.
- Manage the collection of project data for paralleling switchgear process gate exits.
- Build a support network and share with team members including marketing, engineering, manufacturing, test labs, legal, etc.
- Regularly provide feedback and ideas/solutions for process improvements including the ES, Paralleling Switchgear, and large project process and Manufacturing processes.
- Regularly provide feedback and actively participate in the improvement of project management practices within the Project Management Office. Focus on reducing time to market and reducing project waste.
- Assist/mentor less experienced team members and co-op students.
- Provide backup and attend meetings on behalf of the Director – NPD Program Management on an as needed basis.
- Provide development feedback on team members to their functional supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing or Design.
- 3-5 years experience in project management.
- Leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build teams, make sound decisions, and drive action cross functionally.
- Demonstrated people skills required to lead & motivate professionals in a matrix organization who are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years of increasing responsibility for project and people management involving a broad range of technologies and processes.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with on-site power systems.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.