Design and Construction Project Leader
Location: Portland, OR
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and managing multiple priorities? Do you take pride in being a great communicator? Does the thought of supervising projects and associates excite you? Do you have experience managing detailed project schedules, scopes, and budgets for visual merchandising and facility touchpoints? Do you have experience providing strategic leadership and direction in a design and construction organization? If so, you may be the perfect candidate for our Design and Construction Project Leader role at Ann Sacks!
The Design and Construction Project Leader will contribute to Ann Sacks success by providing project management services and design oversight to our showroom refreshes and renovations, as well as miscellaneous projects, maintenance and emergency repair activities. The Project Leader will be responsible for planning, documenting and overseeing the implementation of design and construction activities on-time, on-scope, and on-budget, while also preparing detail project reports and accounting for management presentations. They will bid construction plans
to the appropriate contractors and subcontractors, complete bid comparison and formalize recommendation of service providers. Additionally, the role will consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on how to best achieve their objectives and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of design and construction projects within the Ann Sacks organization. If this sounds like the next step you want to take in your career, we encourage you to apply now!
This position does require travel of 25%-50%.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, planning, construction management or related field is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional registration is preferred
- Five years of progressively related work experience which includes a minimum of two years supervising the work of others; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Experience in developing and managing a capital planning, design and construction program
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction, operation, maintenance and design fundamentals and interpretation of engineering drawings
- Demonstrated knowledge of codes/regulations including environmental, land use, franchise & building codes
- Experience developing and preparing reports, policies, and procedures
- Experience in a retail environment preferred
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.