Senior Auditor - Information Systems & Data Analysis
College degree with major in Computer Science/Management Information Systems. Three plus years in IT audit or general IT experience is required. Programming skills, particularly SAP ABAP or SQL are preferred. ACL audit software experience is preferred.
The Senior IT Auditor is expected to work towards a professional designation such as a CISA or ACDA. The auditor should have good written and oral communications and be able to work well with others in the department and with audit customers. The auditor should be willing and able to travel, including overseas assignments.
Location: Kohler, WI
Are you searching for your next career step in Internal Audit? Do you consider yourself detail-oriented with a passion for driving business solutions? If so, the role of Senior Auditor – Information Systems & Data Analysis is the one for you!
The Senior Auditor – Information Systems & Data Analysis plays a significant role in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of data analytics and reports in support of Internal Audit programs and various related projects. In addition, this position monitors supporting infrastructure (databases and servers) as well as the security of reports and data. This role provides support, instruction and guidance to team members on tasks and assignments relating to data analytics.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reviews IT, operational and business risks, functions and activities, and evaluates client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audits.
- Designs audit procedures to execute the annual audit plan, assess controls and to meet audit objectives.
- Remaining alert for detection, investigation, and prevention of fraud and assist in Fraud Investigations and other special Audits/Due Diligence.
- Determining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assisting in the development of the annual IT audit plan.
- Performing research to gain competence in areas to be audited during the year.
- Staying current on new systems and technology by reading business periodicals, becoming involved in professional associations and through continuing education.
- Planning the audit based upon the topic agreed to during the annual audit plan and leading the team to complete the steps below:
- Conducting meetings and interviews with all levels of management and personnel.
- Performing thorough studies of applications and systems for areas under audit.
- Developing specific audit procedures to accomplish the objectives of the audit to determine whether IT assets are adequately safeguarded and whether policies, plans, and procedures are complied with.
- Performing specific audit tests and document work performed in the audit workpapers.
- Drawing conclusions based on the results of tests performed.
- Arriving at feasible cost effective solutions to problems encountered and making specific recommendations.
- Organizing the audit workpapers in a manner conducive to developing a report on audit results, findings, and recommendations.
- Holding preliminary discussions of the audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and to ensure that everyone has a thorough understanding of the nature, source and extent of the issue.
- Preparing reports detailing the audit results, findings, and recommendations, and following up to ensure the recommendations are implemented.
- Communicating effectively with the other audit team member(s) on progress/significant developments and review other auditors workpapers to ensure the accuracy of the work and consistency of the workpapers.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.